May 13, 2011

10 Things I Love About Pregnancy

Hopefully you all knew this post was coming after the 10 Things I Hate About Pregnancy post! I do very much enjoy being pregnant despite all the setbacks and unfamiliar body changes that come with pregnancy. Here is my list of the top 10 reasons I love being pregnant.


1. Fetal Movements: I was so impatient to start feeling my baby move, I could hardly handle it! But great things are definitely worth the extra wait. I now feel my baby girl move all throughout the day and sometimes night. By move I mean kick, punch, toss, turn, flip, wiggle, who knows what those babies do in there! It is the most miraculous thing in the whole world because it really let's me know that I am growing another human being within me. It is really weird to know that when I feel like a knee is jabbing into my side from within that there's a good chance that that is really the case!

2. Hearing Baby's Heartbeat: Hearing this new heartbeat coming from within my belly was surprising. The first time I heard it, I didn't know what to think. I thought it was really neat and touching because my eyes started tearing up, but it didn't feel real to me until later on once the fetal movements began. It is definitely reassuring though having the chance to hear her heartbeat every other week now at the doctor's office. It's a very comforting thing to hear throughout pregnancy letting me know everything is alright.

3. Starting My Own Family: My fiancé, Bill and I now have a lot of new thing to talk about for hours on end. I love the fact that we will be starting our own family. It's strange to think that someone will be calling me Mom so soon. Honestly, I can't imagine it. But I love all my new thoughts and curiosities about how my new chapter in life will unravel.

4. Decorating Nursery: This part is so much fun! We have a second bedroom for a nursery and we're going to make it look really cute. I wish I could devote my time to every room in my apartment but I will just save that for the future. We will be painting the nursery walls, putting up curtains, hanging pictures, and setting up the furniture to make it a cozy place for a baby. I realize that babies probably don't care what their room looks like but it will be pretty regardless! I suppose I am beginning to do what they call nesting.

5. Extra Attention: I will always have a friend no matter where I go. When I go to the grocery store, clothes shopping, baby shopping, to the park, out for a walk, a stranger or two will always come up and talk to me. They ask if I'm expecting a boy or a girl, how far along I am, and sometimes even give me advice on what to buy and what not to buy for the baby. It's a weird thing because people don't normally talk to me while I'm looking for the best deals on toilet paper at Walmart... Haha. But really, I like how friendly people are towards pregnant women.

6. No Cat Litter!: My wonderful, amazing fiancé has the opportunity to learn to clean the cat litter in a timely fashion for 9 months plus extra time spent breastfeeding! I absolutely love how the doctor recommends that someone else do it. I have two cats that I love so much and I'm really glad I don't have to deal with their litter for awhile. It gets annoying, not to mention the terrible stench. Maybe I will breastfeed forever! HAHA, just kidding.

7. I Take Better Care of Myself: I am much more cautious now. I pamper myself more and take better care of my health because there's a baby growing inside of me. I want to make sure I'm doing the best that I can for my baby so it's a win-win situation. The baby benefits while I benefit by trying to eat healthier, stay hydrated, and exercise frequently.

8. Baby Shopping: I love looking through baby clothes at garage sales and department stores. It is so much fun to see all those little tiny outfits, onesies, socks, shoes, hats, etc. I like looking at different cribs, car seats, high chairs, all the baby stuff! If I don't look at the price of everything, it's fun imaging actually using all of the new baby items!

9. No Alcohol: Now I know I put this on my list of the 10 Things I Hate About Pregnancy but honestly, after 4 years of college my liver could use a break! I feel healthier not drinking so much. When I'm bored, instead of planning on drinking with friends I've discovered new activities to do. For instance, every Sunday evening we eat dinner and play games like Scattergories, Euchre, Skip-Bo, and Boggle with another couple we're friends with. It's a good time!

10. Daddy Talks to his Baby: The most precious thing ever is when Bill talks to my belly and feels her kick or move around. It's so cute and makes the whole family idea more and more real. He also kisses my belly and says "goodnight baby". How adorable! [If he only knew what I write on my blog... haha!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!
xx Monica xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...