June 29, 2011

This is Me Feeling Miserable. Unpleasant Update @ 37w2d

I have been nauseous all last night and all day today. I could not sleep at all due to feeling sick to my stomach and my inability to find a comfortable position. I tossed and turned all night long, frequently changing the side I was laying on. I went to the bathroom about four times hoping maybe if I emptied my bladder I would fall asleep. No luck. Bill's alarm clock went off at 7am for work and I shot up and headed straight to the bathroom. I threw up everything I ate yesterday, including the Spicy Chipotle Chicken tacos that were so delicious yesterday. Gross. [Never again, will I eat those...] Then after vomiting, my body decides to have a fun case of diarrhea. Gross. I felt a little better after throwing up and decided to rinse my mouth and lay back in bed. I fell asleep for about two more hours until I had to get up for a doctor's appointment. I have no clue where this sickness came from. I haven't felt this nauseous since my first trimester so I was/am nervous that morning sickness is coming back at 37 weeks... :/

I told my doctor that I felt really sick. She asked me if I was having vomiting and diarrhea. I said yes... and it turns out that this is a normal end of pregnancy symptom. She said that the baby could be moving and kicking at my stomach and causing irregular bowel movements, etc. She said to focus on eating small amounts of healthy food, especially protein every couple hours instead of eating big meals. So far today, I have eaten a half bowl of cream of wheat cereal [absolutely disgusting!], crackers... more crackers, a few grapes, and a nectarine. I've been drinking a lot of water which makes me feel better but I am miserable today. I can't sleep off the pain! Here is what I look like right now. No mean comments. This is me miserable! Ha... :/

Baggy Eyed, No Sleep, Nauseous Version of ME :/
The funny thing is that yesterday I was seriously thinking that I would try and prepare myself to have a natural birth. No Epidural. Funny... I was miserable all through the night and it instantly crashed my motivation. I can't be nauseous AND going through the most intense pain of my life simultaneously. I will reconsider this option when I feel better.

Another update from my doctor's appointment. I am still 1cm dilated, 60% effaced [like last week]. The baby's heart rate is great, however she is measuring 2cm smaller. Apparently last week, she was 1cm smaller. So they ordered an ultrasound because she has been measuring normal every week until week 36. The doctor said that the baby probably has dropped down into the birth canal a little bit [?] but they want to make sure everything is fine with the placenta.

So that's it. I hope this feeling goes away soon or at least gets better!

Update: This morning I feel fine... It must have been a 24 hour stomach flu or something. IDK. But I am happy to feel better again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!
xx Monica xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...