December 13, 2011

Baby Flip Flopped Her Sleeping Schedule!

Last night Miss A's bedtime was at 10:30pm. She didn't have any unusually long naps throughout the day, just her two to three normal naps. Normally when she goes to bed after 9:30pm, she will stay asleep until 7:00am, if not longer. I was looking forward to a nice night of sleep too because the two nights before, she woke me up for a bottle at 5:30am before barely going back to sleep before I had to get up for work. So I laid down in bed last night around midnight, after doing the majority of our wedding invitations. I had a good night and felt like I accomplished a lot and deserved a good night's rest!

Oh how I was wrong!

I don't know what happened... or WHY THIS HAPPENED...? But Miss A woke up at 2:30am.

For good.

I tried bringing her into my bed to sleep but she just fidgeted. I woke up about 50 times all the way until my alarm clock went off at 7:30am. She wasn't just being fussy though. She was laughing, kicking, babbling, moving, thrusting her arms back and forth, shaking her head back and forth. Finally around 4:30am, I tried moving her back to her crib to "play". FAIL. She cried within 10 minutes. I brought her back in my bed and was seriously feeling like I would die of sleep deprivation. She drifted off for 20 minutes here and there, but it didn't feel like it. I was up several times every hour. I was so angry. But then she would just laugh at me... I have no clue where she found all that energy!

My job requires that I have adequate sleep because I am analyzing and discussing questions. There is no way to fully concentrate on three hours of sleep. I tried today. THREE BIG MUGS OF COFFEE. ONE LARGE MOUNTAIN DEW. :/ I could have went to sleep after drinking all that caffeine. While I performed "alright", my level of accuracy/focus dropped by at least 50% from normal. :/ Blah! I don't really know how mothers can go back to work after only six weeks of maternity leave. At six weeks, Miss A was not sleeping through the night yet. I was still waking up every 1-3 hours through the night to nurse her. I can't imagine having to work under such circumstances. Anyways, I'm EXPECTING tonight to be better! I can't survive another day of no sleep!

On a better note, someone called me a princess today at work. 

Well.. not really but someone said that I looked like Kate Middleton. No one has ever told me that before but hey, it boosted my confidence for about 5 minutes... [as I dreamed of life as a princess]. It was a temporarily nice feeling.

                                  I guess it's the hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!
xx Monica xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...