I'm finding that keeping her free of dye/scented products AND applying lotion frequently does not help her completely. Though her eczema has significantly improved and her face is no long covered in red, rash-like patches, we cannot let her wail and toss around all night because of irritated skin. So, I finally broke down tonight and ran her a warm, oatmeal bath. Let me tell you what.. It made her skin softer and more moisturized than any product we have tried!
Simple, Mess Free Instructions for Milky Oatmeal Baths
- Cut off the foot of a pantyhose.
- Fill it with plain oatmeal and tie it off.
- Draw warm bathwater while holding the oatmeal filled pantyhose underneath it. This will create a creamy, milky bath instead of having to bathe in actual oatmeal. [Great too, but messy!]
- While baby is playing in the water, wash her with the oatmeal filled pantyhose. I ran it over her entire body, including hair.
- After washing, leave it in the bottom of the tub.
|You can see her Eczema a little on her belly :( Not TOO bad though|